Saturday, October 18, 2008

5K Lymphomathon


Willy Woka is in the baby blue shirt :)

The Kappa's for a Cure Team!


Just the Kappa's




Me, my co-worker Meg, and a few of my sisters participated in a local Lymphomathon today. I know how ridiculous this sounds but my legs are killing me lol. How lame is that!?! We raised the 5th highest amount of money out of all the teams that participated which was awesome! We raised $820.00! Pretty sweet if you ask me! We all arrived at Cove Island Park in Stamford at about 9:30 to get ready for our walk. To our surprise while we were getting ready to walk we saw none other than... WILLY WONKA HIMSELF!!! Yes thats right... Gene Wilder was walking at our event which was pretty neat. We wanted to go talk to him but he was busy taking pictures and talking with his team members so we didn't want to bother him. It was pretty neat to see him in person though! I am proud of all my girls who helped raise money and walked with us this morning! Also a BIG thank you to everyone that donated money, we couldn't have done it without you all!

No comments: