Monday, August 29, 2011

Hurricane Irene





I don't know about you but I don't like seeing options for evacuation routes when I go to check the weather!




All of the grocery stores were like ghost towns the day before Irene hit. We asked people at Target if they had any water left and they told us they were out of water but "Capri Sun is the new water", who knew.



We bought our supplies and hunkered down for the night. We did what anyone would do during a hurricane... ate junk food and played monopoly!





We were VERY LUCKY! We didn't get much damage at all around me. 85% of my town was without power but we never lost ours! 95% of the town where I work was without power... but of course my office is lucky enough to have a generator! It did take me a few tries to get to work and I did have to drive under a few downed trees and power lines but I made it.




I sure hope our gas stations and grocery stores get power back soon. It's hard to shop for dinner when you can only buy non perishable items. Its also hard to buy gas when they only accept cash...

No comments: